View Single Post
Old December 23, 2009, 11:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
There is already a champions league, right? why another one? What is new in that?
okay, i said something like a champions league, but the answer isn't within the champions league....see the champions league implies that each major cricket nation has a domestic t2o league like the current ipl....where champions and/or runner ups from each domestic league plays in the champions league.....this is overkilling of this format...if at all feasible.....the answer lies within a single premier league of professional clubs from all test playing nations.....

Quote:
Why do you think Dhaka vs Mumbai match will be more interesting than BD vs IND? Who cares about a somerset vs Trinidad match? We have seen that champions league was not 10% successful as IPL. IPL is a totally different thing as Bharat pointed out.
I am sure you know the difference between england vs spain and liverpool vs real madrid....but both of these types of competitions are proven successful....if a kolkata vs delhi game can have audience, so can a dhaka vs delhi....

Quote:
Why BCCI will allow ICC to take the control of IPL as "International Premier League"? BCCI will never let it happen and there will be a ICC vs BCCI competition, always BCCI going to win because they have the money. So, no "International Premier League", only "Indian Premiere league".
it seems someone like many others has been brain washed......the answer lies within the question: will cricket be a global game or an indian sport?

Quote:
I also want our younger players to play longer version and want to keep them away from T20 as much as possible in their development stage. I take loosing to Ireland 10 times in a T20 match over a Test win any day. T20 is a fun game, and our young cricketers only should be allowed to have fun after they develop as a cricketer. We already have a T20 league, and that is enough for the moment. We should concentrate to NCL and make them more competitive.
is it really just a fun game? if the professional cricketers were that naive, they wouldn't quit international career early to join just the fun...

i agree with you that our players need to develop their skills in the longer versions, but it's a concern at the moment as to what will be the future of the longer versions....so to survive in the international level, our players must learn how to play all formats...