View Single Post
Old September 20, 2008, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
People have a tendency to think about the things that they themselves might have done..
Ouch!! I will let you have the satisfaction of coming up with this

BUT you are still wrong though. When a pretty girl at night is vigilant for fear of being raped, does that mean - should she get the opportunity with a vigilant pretty boy - she would have ....

ok --- ok.

Really, you might end up being sorry given you are "actively" seeking to help ppl. THe things that you are doing should be passive. Active help should be on grander scale.

Perhaps this example will help you: I ride the subway a lot. And there are always women with baby in stroller trying to get up or down the the subway stairs. Most of them are used to it, and they are expert at it. Now in NYC, everyone being as bz as they are - just go about their own business. So do I. One day, I got off the train and people on that station were rushing to catch the train. So basically everyone is running down the stairs to catch the train. Great. Train is gone and as I was coming up the stair - I saw this pregnant lady with a baby on stroller thinking on how to get down (now this scene would obviously ring a bell to anyone's head... train left.. everyone rushed down... but why is this lady still on top of the stairs?) Why is she taking her time? That is when I offered my help.. and with a sigh of relief she said yes.. and gave me a big thank you and told me no one offered to help thus far (my thought: ofcourse not ppl were trying to catch the train ).

Now, I never help ladies or old man or whoever carry things up and down when they are already doing so. This is not for time but rather for both of our safety. A lot of sh*t can take place while you are trying to help a stranger. God forbid, the the baby falls - who will be held responsible? who will be going to jail? yeah YOU. So there is no need to ACTIVELY take responsibility when the situation do not warrant it.

10 m of help is more for your satisfaction than the satisfaction of the old man.

anyways that was just my 2 c. Maybe you have different perspective on life - for a month ofcourse.