View Single Post
Old February 13, 2019, 10:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

our think tank will never change. I thought Mash would be more aggressive but losing Shakib made him ultra defensive as well.

What difference did the extra batsman make today? 20 runs? 30 runs? 40 runs? Lets just say for the sake of argument that the difference was 40 runs. What difference did that make in the end? Whether we scored 190 or 230, the game was lost anyways when the team couldnt score 280+

If our top order doesnt click, doesnt matter if you play 11 batsmen, the result will be the same. The magnitude of the defeat may be minimized. But at this stage in this format when we are trying to be contenders for a semi spot in the WC, this mentality wont get us anywhere. We had ONE bowler in the 15 who can bowl well over 140ks in this condition and we leave him out to play someone who can bat a bit or slog a bit.

And let me tell u guys, even if we scored 300 with this team, the opposition would have chased it down. The whole reason they didnt go after Sabbir's half trackers is because they simply didnt need to. The team needs to put up 280-300 with 6 batsmen and then let 5 full time bowlers defend that. Thats how cricket works. Whatever no.7 and no.8 adds should be a bonus not a requirement and whatever Riyad or any part timer can bowl should also be a bonus not a requirement.