View Single Post
Old October 3, 2005, 02:31 AM

Last week I was in Dhaka and was able to read Ittefaq, Shangram, Inqilab etc. and I felt like ....

AL and BNP has brutally divided our country from TOP to BOTTOM into two pieces for a long long time. Now some religious political party are desperate to break this country in more pieces, in name of Islam and so called Islamic ummah. But our government is still working on eye washing the people by denying "existence of religious fundamentalism in our country"! or by saying "Terrorism does not exist in Islam"! or "Islam does not allow terrorism"! These are all political statement we understand that, but the reality is, terrorism does exist in most of the Muslim countries, and those people does call themselves as Muslim, no matter you call them so or not. If our government fail to bring those people to justice including the political people who directly or indirectly support them, we will lose our poor democracy near future for sure. To do that sincerely and effectively, I don't see other way but a strong coalition government with BNP and AL. The people who are supporting BNP and AL and arguing / blaming? each other, should think about this matter seriously.

btw, I am / was not a fan of any political party of Bangladesh.