View Single Post
Old July 25, 2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

I cannot resist sharing my school life experience in this ‘bodna’ thread. When I was studying at school in cox’sbazar we went to a scout camp in chandpur for seven days. All other boys in our camp had a reputation for being naughty and the leader of our team, a PT teacher, was also a bit stingy. So after arriving in chandpur, we went to a market to do our weekly shopping for foods. Our PT teacher bought a medium size chicken and some potatoes, rice and bread and suggested that that would be adequate for 3/4 days.
While we were cooking the chicken, the PT teacher decided to add lots of water in the curry so that it would last long. The funny thing was that, on arrival, in chanpur, he immediately changed his cigarette brand from Star to B&H. So after eating that delicious, watery and spicy curry for 3 days, it was really hard work to find any remaining pieces of chicken or potatoes as the curry was full of gravy (watery jul), and he kept insisting we must continue eating until it was emptied. All the boys became annoyed and angry as we started to suffer from protein and vitamin deficiency.
Then we took drastic action, we observed him using a ‘bodna’ every night just before he went to sleep and one of us was ordered to fill the ‘bodna’ routinely and on a regular basis. The camp was held in chandpur stadium where the light was not adequate and toilet arrangement was poor (semi dark). One night just before he went to his daily routine work, we decided to put gravy in his ‘bodna’ instead of putting water and we all went to bed before he came back.
Last thing, I heard he was screaming and shouting at us from outside the tent while we were pretending to sleep. One of us whispered “sir, jole naki?”
The bottom line is that all the ‘bodna’ user should check inside contents before they use it.

Last edited by Sorry; July 26, 2006 at 08:10 AM..