View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
admins? yes. but i can't agree with you on that the same will happen to the players as well. mehrab snr and bidyut didn't lose their place due to politics: let's face it, at one point in their career, they simply sucked. now if you want to blame the infrastructure/lack of planning for that, it's a different story and i will agree with you. as for durjoy, i dont quite remember what happened, so i wont comment on that.

besides, by now we know that be it AL or BNP that's in power, our cricket admins are not too bad. so i'm not worried about a change in board either - surely there's nothing with having Saber as the president?
I agree with ATMR that Mehrab Sr and Shahrier Hossein did not loose their place for politics at all. People might say different thing but not necessarily we have to believe everything. Shahrier and Mehrab didn't perform that well to keep their place in the team. As for Shahrier- once he said he was busy with his family business and then he submitted his resignation letter. I can remember in 2004 he played his last match in Zimbabwe tour. Plus he has been out of cricket after the 1999 WC, still he came back but could not continue. So you can't say that politics killed him. Mehrab's storey is also pretty much same.

As for Naimur, I cant remember everything but he was axed in the middle of a series when Bd did very bad against the Zombies.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ