View Single Post
Old September 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Isn't Shahriar Nafees related to our chief selector Farouq? I hate to point it out. I do not see any sane reason for Shahriar to be our vice captain. Captain need experience. He need to learn how to be a better batsman first. Silmilar experiment with Rajin has produce niether a better batsman nor a better vice captain. Uncle Farouq will destroy Shariars prospect by putting him in a tough position.
Shahriar Nafees is Faruq's cousin. (Mamato Bhai). My cousin's friend knows about their family. Faruq also selected Rajin as captain in last champions trophy and Rajin used to play under Faruq's captaincy in City Club.

I was recently chatting with one of my cousins in BD who played with Sakibul Hassan and Mehrab jnr in U-17 level last year. He told me that without connection its hard to get call in national level. He even told me that Mehrab jnr has connection with BCB.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)