View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Mahmud quits BCB post
Opts for coaching Ctg Kings
Sports Reporter

Khaled Mahmud resigned as a member on the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) ad-hoc committee after he was asked to choose between a coaching stint with the Chittagong Kings and the administrator's role in the executive body.

"He [Khaled Mahmud] tendered his resignation as the board decided not to allow any of its employees to get involved with the franchisees for the second edition of the Bangladesh Premier League. He had a financial engagement with one of the franchisees and he discussed the matter with us, but the board is very rigid on its stance," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus yesterday.

The National Sports Council on November 27 last year formed a 13-member ad-hoc committee for the BCB naming Nazmul Hassan Papon as its chief.

Mahmud informed that he took the decision (of resigning from the board) after discussing the matter with BCB president Papon.

"Without any doubt it was a great honour for me when I was included on the ad-hoc committee. It would have been nice if I continued, but the reality is different for me. I have to earn money for my livelihood, so there was no other choice rather than taking the decision to continue as coach of the Chittagong Kings," said Mahmud.

"I talked with Papon bhai. Actually it was not possible to continue with both jobs as there was a conflict of interest," he added.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=265612