View Single Post
Old May 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Miraz,
I am not saying Siddon is doing a good job. And I agree that 'on theory' Siddon, as coach, should have more influence than the captain. But you cannot ignore the influence of Captain Ashraful in our young team with a foreign new coach. Siddon is doing lot of things that can be critisized. But not his inability to change players like Ashraful, Aftab and (in some extend) Mashrafee. By this time they are expreienced enough to self motivate themselves and guide the young players as well. In Indo-Pak-Bangladeshi culture its not abnomal to see captain incluence the whole the team when the team is young and the coach is foreign. For example: Pakistan and Inzy (and now Shoeb), India with Dada (and now with Dhony). You cannot ignore the role of Captain in our young team.

The mistake was made long before Siddon came here.... the mostake was made when we made Ashraful the captain.... the talented superstar who was always unable to adopt and unable to learn from his previous coaches. And we thought just making him the captain will suddenly make him more responsible and more productive. Thats the main root cause of pour problem. Aftab (with less national skill than Ash) is following Ashraful's path.... Zunida is on the way..... who knows about SN and Tamim.... may be one day they will aslo follow the leader.

Now back to Siddon. How much influence he had with the young players? I would say its a mixed signal.... some improvement with Sakib, mahmudullah, Sahadat, Tamim etc but haven/t seen much with Zunaid, Rahim, Mehrab, etc for different reasons. Among moderate experienced players Rasel (after injury), Razzak and SN are kind of struggling. I cannot completely blame Siddon for that.

Now where I blame Siddon?
1. Fielding is going downward

2. Sticking with Ash and Aftab too long.

3. Taking too many vacations. But we don't know whats in his contract. May be we need to blame BCB for that more than Siddon.

4. Sometimes saying stuff (even I may agree) that may create hearburn to fans and reporters.

5. Not knowing players beyond his 14/16 selected players. No interest to know beyond that.

6. Not talking control of the team and prevent further damage being done buy the two bolods.

7. etc....

btw if you want someone like Dav as coach thats fine..... but make no mistake McInnis is Noooo Dav. He wouldn't tolerate those two bolods (plus more may be) and their stupidness.... he would make sure that these two connot even enter to the stadium or make any contact with the rest of the young players.

Last edited by Fazal; May 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM..