View Single Post
Old March 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I ask you the same question: Have you followed Mashrafe from the beginning of his career?

Only time he gained weight was after the 2nd last injury in 2009. After the last injury he didn't gain weight but lost so much. And now he is as fit as any fast bowlers in the world.

When he started his career, he was a teenager. Now he is like 28/29. You don't expect him to be in same shape as he was in 2001/2, do you?
Yeah, your descriptions are correct. I don't know the details. But the first time I saw Mashrafe was when he was the 3rd choice bowler in the test line up, after Monjurul Islam and Tapash Bashya. And he has ballooned ever since then, which basically confirms your point about losing shape with age. Only thing is, I didn't expect it to be this bad where you can clearly see that his delivery rhythm has changed. No arching of the back, and far weaker follow through.
What totally mindfcuked me however, was your comment on him being fit as any other bowler in the world today? Seriously? I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then.

Thanks for the follow up.

Peace out,

Roey