View Single Post
Old August 15, 2004, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

One more thing:

Quote:
Well, my point was that since neither you nor I have been able to name Fisk's and Pilger's equivalents from the 'other' side, it shows that we ourselves selectively read (what we want to read). Am I right to assume that you are somewhat left leaning?
Actually, no. I have read, heard and watched the "equivalents" (a misnomer) of Fisk's and Pilger from the other side. I have studied the Ayn Randian ultra-conservative loonies. I do watch FOX news from time to time. I keep a regular tab on what the Wall Street Journal editorial board has to say. I also follow all the publications of the right-wing "policy research" institutions like Hoover Institute, etc.
In fact, go here if you want to know what the American right is up to:
http://www.publiceye.org/study_right.html
Realistically, the center of the American political spectrum has sharply shifted to the right since Reagan. So even supposedly "moderate" publications like NYT and Washington Post can be said to be representing more of the right than the left. And be assured that these publications don't really exercise critical thinking all the time. They have been proven to purposefully mislead people (like the case of Judy Miller in NYT pre-Iraq invasion) and later apologized.

I still find Fisk and Pilger's commentaries outstanding. I don't HAVE TO name names of their equivalents in the right. Because there isn't any.