View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Bangladesh doesn't play enough A team games to keep players there. And like I said it's not uncommon for National team players to play for the A side, it happens everywhere, just take a look in past England Lions and Australia A squads.
I don't really agree with what you say about motivation but even if that were true I wouldn't call the England Lions in England an inferior side (in Bangladesh maybe, but not in England). If any Bangladeshi players think they are too good to be playing against genuine quick pacers on English pitches then they are in for a big surprise. England has great depth in quick quality bowlers at the moment.
When I say A team inferior ... That's not in comparison to our A team, but Their own Main team.... We have never benefitted by sending national team players in A team, rather lost by not preparing the players in pipeline..... Demotion doesn't work on the psychie and learning doesn't take place in that manner....Cricket is primarily a game of mind ...he is in the national team and he must feel that way....if he has technical issues, he better solve it with the coaching staff...instead of A team....that's not going o be taken positively by the player's mind....let that place go to another genuine A team player....it's also unfair to give two slots to one player...

Well, I won't argue on it, I see more disadvantage than advantage in these kind of attitude....it simply harms us in both ways... Anyway, lets see what BCB does,