View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Thank you for creating this thread BANFAN bhai. Can the Mods please clean up the other threads and put all the unconfirmed news, rumours and stories on this thread?

I don't want to make any comments on who was responsible and all that yet but I think we all should agree to the theory that this was pre-planned. No one is allowed to take weapons into the Darbar hall yet the BDR soldiers did which shows a clear intention. And most sources say that DG Shakil was shot dead in the Darbar Hall. Now I do not believe at all that the DG started firing at them which caused them to react. They knew what they were going to do.

Now the correct number of mutineers is also disputed. Some say 200-250 (which is rubbish) and others say 3000+ which sounds more approriate to me. Now if the number is so big the Intelligence must have had some information about this. Were the DGFI trying to unsettle the Government by allowing this to happen?

I also believe that it was around 50-60 soldiers who violently vented their frustration by killing and raping the hostages. The other thousands just wanted to hold the officers and their families hostages and get what they wanted from the Government.