View Single Post
Old October 12, 2004, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks pompous for sharing Imran’s article. I have followed Imran Khan for 30 years, since he made his debut in 1971. He has never been out of controversy and limelight. I have disliked many of his actions, such as not acknowledging his teammates while holding the World Cup trophy in 1992. Who does not know that he used to be a dictator when he was the captain of the Pakistan cricket team, and undermined Miandad’s role whenever possible. But a talented and unpredictable team such as Pakistan needed someone like Imran Khan as their skipper. No one can deny that his cricketing brains were largely responsible for Pakistan lifting the trophy. New Zealand where in the form of their life and were going unbeaten except to be knocked out by Pakistan in the semifinals of that World Cup.

This article is such a breath of fresh air. He admits that he has changed and does not hide the fact that he was privileged and tried to be a “brown sahib”. I hope he is not doing this for any political gain. The fact remains, that if someone like Imran Khan speaks out people will at least read. I would like to read more of such stuff and wish him all the best.