View Single Post
Old March 7, 2012, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Honestly, the name "Mujibabad" has a very baller, Mogul-esque ring to it. I would fully support that name or a name change, while fervently being against the mindset which produced it. Similar to hating a the shot-selection of a top edged pull for 6, but loving the result (6 runs).

But anything with Bangabondhu just sounds gay as f**k.
Anything named after a person sounds gay as f**k unless they name somehtign after me and I'll change my mind.

The problem I see with naming everything after Bangabondhu is exactly that - naming everything after Bangobondhu. I know you have to show homage to your father, but ..... We are not North Korea. Thukku. Maybe we are. This personality worshiping where state controlled media and legislation prohibits any criticism is so 1984. How come we are so backwards? It does not matter whether it is Mujibur "I love one state party" Rahman or Ziaur "hang my opposition" Rahman. Bangladesh not only suffers from a cult of personality but a cult of dynasty. These power-hungry but low IQ women and their hanger-ons will not let rational and intelligent people rise up through the ranks and lead the nation. Sometimes, the people deserve who they elect.