View Single Post
Old March 9, 2007, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
It may be a rumour but can someone verify:
Mamun - right hand of Tareq Zia has been severly tortured and some were afraid he might be half-dead because of this treatment. He has been under detention and perhaps authority doesn't want him to show in public in this condition and kept him under detention.

This has been a strong 'rumour'. Anyone has any info?
I heard that after he was arrested, he didn't talk for a few days. So as you know, the Bangladeshi non-pharmaceutical medicine is Bangla-dholai. But what I've read in newspapers is that he's now giving quite a lot of detailed info about Tarek's wealth outside Bangladesh, and that's why he's been taken by the authority to those countries that Tarek allegedly has invested in. I know that in Malayasia he owns a mall (which someone quite interestingly pointed out as the biggest mall in the world...joker!!!), and definitely he'ld have some kind of property in UK, US, and Australia (3 big spots for investing your chorai maal).

Having said all these, I think the reason Mamun's not shown on TV is bcoz he's in world tour right now...but may be mair kheye ore thota mukh bhota hoye gese. Only time will tell. Personally, I wouldn't worry about these criminals. My philosophy is, human rights should be observed for those people who themselves observe it. If people don't observe it, then they don't fall under that policy.