View Single Post
Old October 10, 2003, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't know if any of you guys living in BD have broadband connection or not. But if any of you do have that, and also have a tv capture card on your computer, you can actually record the highlights of the match (recording full live matches would be asking for too much) and then upload it to any Banglacricket.com moderator/administrator. I don't know if Banglacricket has unlimited bandwidth from their provider or not. If yes, they can put those matches up for download in the download section. And if you don't, then you can still shrink the video resolution to 350x280 and cut down the file size to 30/35 MB. Not too large for a day's highlights, eh? If you fear excessive downloads, you can create login/pass for exclusive and regular users to download. But the main question remains, who will bell the cat? Well, if you have a cyber cafe in dhaka with broadband CGS connection, I believe it wouldn't hurt using one computer to upload a 35/40 mb file into a US server. Yes it might take about 3 hours (upload speed of 5 k/s). Night time isn't a bad time for that purpose. Will anyone be that generous to do us this favour? Will anyone in the US/Europe be able to host the files on a server connection (T1 or more)? One music website that I'm associated with, does this. We rip some online webcasts of live concerts and upload it to an administrator. S/he then puts it up for download for about a week, and then the file expires. They use anti-leech software to prevent mass-downloads or leeching. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know it. We can follow the same expiry theory here too though. A week might be too long, so a day or two doesn't sound too bad. At least, once one of us has the file, we wouldn't mind sharing it with fellow banglacricket friends. At least I wouldn't.