View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
No one can replace a player of Shakib's calibre, let alone Bangladesh. So instead you should pick the best batsman/bowler available. Selectors have effed up big time by picking Naeem and Riyad in the same squad. Add Jahirul, and you have an exceedingly weak top order. This team won't be able to chase anything more than 220 and WI have a line-up that on this Khulna track can pound 350 with ease.
Sure, Naeem or anybody else, nobody can replace Shakib as a whole package. So that logic can be applied to anybody ... not only to Naeem.

Bowling wise, I may be the minority here, but Naeem is under estimated. last time I saw him in ODI he was bolwing as well as Razzak and Shakib.

Quote:
We're going to lose by 150 runs or 12+ wickets (Naeem and Riyad's strike rates mean they are batting for the WI).

Good thing I won't be able to watch this lame excuse for a cricket match.
In short term, Run Rate wise, don't expect Anamul and/or Mominul will be any better than Naeem or Ryiad. Specially Anamul; he will struggle with the RR in his first few games. Zia is the exception. So we are doomed anyway with or without Naeem and/or Ryiad.