View Single Post
Old March 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Guys,

I know we all want BD to beat the Indian cricket team and provide payback for all the insults their board and media have thrown our way (the repeated refusal to host us, Modi's comment re: stipend, SRajesh, Redifetc.). But I think a dose of reality is in order. India looks pretty good so far. The rattled up 300 against the Dutch and now dismissed Windies for 85. With Patel, Agarkar & Zaheer, they've got a pretty decent pace attack, while Bhajji/Kumble, Yuvraj and Tendu will provide ample slow bowling options. The Trinidad pitch seems to have variable bounce (today's SA-v-Pak match was almost called off because of that) - so our batsmen too could very well suffer like Windies (similar propensity to play too many strokes). And the explosiveness of their batting order is well known (Rasel/Shahadat and the 5th and 6th bowler could be blown to smithereens).

We all want BD to win, but let's be pragmatic so that we don't all pull a Chicken Little should we lose (i.e. "the sky is falling!").
Todays SA-Pak game is being played in Frank Worrel Park, not the venue where we face India. We play them in Queens Park Oval. I am pretty sure about that . But, point taken about India though. They look good.