View Single Post
Old November 8, 2007, 04:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Ok, i know that the BCB has a 3 tier contract system for the national players. it seems most boards go with the 3-tier approach.

my questions are:

1) does a contract give a player a guaranteed monthly income (i.e 12 monthly checks per year) regardless of whether they play or not? for examples sake suppose JO is on the 2 year contract. but suppose he only plays 50% of Bangladesh's ODI matches, and thus lets say that we have Asia cup in april, but JO doesn't play at all in Asia cup. does he still get paid for that month of april?

i guess the shortest way to rephrase my question is this: are match fees (i think its $1000 USD per ODI and $1500 USD per Test) the only compensation for the players or does the BCB pay players monthly too regardless of whether they are selected to play or are fit?

do players get match fees + fixed monthly income or is just match fees only?

2) what are the 3 income brackets? and how much are the match fees for ODIs and Tests?
You may be right about ODI but for tests I think most countries including west Indies get paid more than S5000 US PER TEST MATCH thus close to or bit more than $1000 per day.