View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Asaad bhai, as much as i've always appreciated your mostly sane comments and opinions about BD cricket, almost all of which generally echo my sentiments, I could never actually understand why you're so biased about shahadat. this guy just simply doesnt use his brains while bowling. yes, he's got all the potential, but his mistakes amongst all the other mistakes that our players make stand out to me as the most irritating ones. he just cant do without bowling short-pitch all the time. the jaffa that got taylor's wicket should only be coincidental that it came after being hit for a 4.

please enlighten me... i wanna know why you always keep shahadat beyond all your criticisms. heck, you're the most optimistic about this guy as well!!!
two simple reasons. 6-27 and a career strike rate of 55

here's a video clip:

no real pace, but intelligent reverse swing, the like of which no other BD bowler can bowl. except of course for mohammad sharif

additionally, he seems that he can move the ball of the seam a la ishant sharma now too. he could already swing the ball on occaision, and he can consistently move it off the seam as well as reverse it, he will be a handy bowler to have on most tracks.

the real reason, is shahadat is a world class bowler, and in time he will be legendary by bangladesh standards, and notable by international standards. as he matures, he will learn to bowl more economically, which isn't that bad to begin with since his strike rate is so good. but should he maintain it, and improve his accuracy, it would bring his average down considerably to the high 20s which is beggining of great bowling average.

the way he's developed since debuting with figures of 12-0-101-0 is certainly unique and impressive.

#OneTeam1Dream