View Single Post
Old March 24, 2007, 03:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Kapil says "Bangladesh deserves to go into the 2nd round"

I think most of you have already read it but I will post it anyway. Kapil Dev was decent enough to say these things in Cricinfo-
..........Kapil Dev, the former Indian allrounder, said that India did not deserve to go into the Super 8 stage of the World Cup. "It is shameful that we have to rely on Bermuda to stay in the tournament," Kapil told an Indian news channel as reported by AFP. "I hope that does not happen because Bangladesh deserve to go into the second round since they had also defeated India. All credit to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. India were pathetic and not good enough to remain in the tournament.".....................
I really admire Kapil's courage and sportsmanship when their team has just crushed out of the WC. The Indians are very zealous about their cricket and I respect that. But having said that, it has always puzzled me why some commentators and writers had a lot of trouble to analyze the BD-IND result as it was. Nice to see Kapil coming to the front and saying the right thing!