View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Many many thanks for the extensive research. I really appreciate you taking the time. I use Western Unioun to send money from UK to BD, but I have heard that the transfer from BD to UK is not possible. Even the other thread provided above says that you need special permission to send money out of BD. However I will ask my relatives back home what is the situation.
No problem. I realize that there are special restrictions on money transfers from BD to other countries, but it should still be possible to send money through Western Union. The staff there should be able to tell you how to obtain a special authorization from the appropriate ministry in order to complete a money transfer to a family member overseas.

Another option could be to contact a foreign bank in Dhaka (HSBC, Standard Chartered, etc.) and figure out how to open a foreign-currency bank account in Dhaka and give you deposit withdrawal privileges.

I am assuming that we are not talking about the transfer of a big lump-sum, like $50K.

If your parents have credit cards, they can add you to the account, send you a supplementary card with the PIN. And you can withdraw money from any ATM the world over using the credit card.