View Single Post
Old May 5, 2015, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Dana and Gothia cup that was.

Some of you are talking about funds. I must admit that i haven't been following BD football closely in a long time. But i have a question. Hope I get a reasonable answer.

I know that BFF doesn't have enough funds but my question is even if we had enough funds, are we even capable of competing at Asian level? Let's not even think about world level now. Teams like UAE, Saudi Arabia got no monetary issues but still they succumb at world level. Competition is immense in football. India with that much exposure and financial support still failing to make an impact.

We are targeting 2022 world cup. Which is ambitious and we need to have a goal. I get that But we are still struggling at SAF level. We should aim for doing good in Asian level rather than world cup at this moment I think. That would be more reasonable. Priority setting e ektu gondogol achey bole mone hocche.
Vision 2022 seems ludicrous now, Change that to Asia Cup 2023 qualification. It's good to have a somewhat realistic aim. I think Ivory Coast Cricket team stands a better chance at knocking out Ireland and Zimbabwe to qualify for the 2019 CWC. If we can qualify for an Asia Cup in the next 12 years, it should be a great achievement for us.