View Single Post
Old October 10, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

In my opinion thats where the problem lies: there IS a community of muslims who do retain hardcore interpretations and want to live their lives according to their values, and to say that they dont have distrust and contempt for parts of their host country's society is a lie. - and when that translates to actions: THAT is extremism, to enforce on others the idea that my values are better than yours.!
See the part in bold, thats exactly what many liberal Muslims are doing, they think they are superior because they despise the Niqab/Hijab. They consider not drinking alcohol to be a sign of narrow mindedness. So arent they as much extremist as the Muslim who tries to enforce Niqab on others?

The problem here is that the anti-Niqab Brigade is trying to force women to remove their Niqab as it will help in communication bla bla bla.
While the conservative groups, at least in most Western countries and places liek BD are unable to force their values on others, in secular extreme countries, are banned from keeping long beard sor wearing Hijab, such as in turkey ,tunisia etc.

Now tell me which group is more extreme in imposing its values on the other?