View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 02:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I wish somehow Shek Hasina would insipre our cricket team.
Just like they showed in Invictus ( =P), how Nelson Mendala inspired a Rugby team and bought the whole nation together.
TBH I don't think i've even seen any of our gorvenment to come and watch the cricket. If you look at Kevin Rudd, he's everywhere the Aussie team is ( only in Australia). I've even seen manmohan singh watch cricket at the stadium! :S
I mean, I personally think it makes a difference when someone like the government comes to support their team at the stadium. ( yes?, no?)
But then again, the way our "GOLDEN" boys play, I don't think anything or anyone can inspire them
I am sorry, but the politicians from both our major parties have other priorities in life. Just look at Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan. We all started from the same place from the British. Now one country is about to become a superpower, we are largely irrelevant, and Pakistan is basically a failed state. Bangladesh has been done in by the greed and lack of foresight of our politicians. India also had their share of corrupt politicians, but they still put the country ahead of their personal and party interest.