View Single Post
Old October 3, 2007, 03:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Sura: Al-Imran (3) Verse 18

Transliteration:
Shahida Allahu annahu la ilaha illa huwa waalmala-ikatu waoloo alAAilmi qa-iman bialqisti la ilaha illa huwa alAAazeezu alhakeemu

Literal:
God witnessed that He, (there is) no God except He, and the angels and those of the knowledge (He is) keeping up/taking care of with the just/equitable, no God except He, the glorious , the wise/judicious . (God and the angels and those of the knowledge witnessed/testified that there is no God except God alone.)

Translation:
GOD bears witness that there is no god except He, and so do the angels and those who possess knowledge. Truthfully and equitably, He is the absolute god; there is no god but He, the Almighty, Most Wise.

This is the Quaranic oath for a muslim. Please carefully note how God categorizes the groups who know this truth. Only two groups, angles and among humans the knowledgeable ones. God didin't mention muslims, neither did he mention mumin, nor did he mention the righteous. Decide for yourself if you are in the category who recognizes the truth.
Jazakumullahu khairan jaza, Nasif bhai! I hope people will pay heed to what you've outlined here so succinctly!

No, my intention isn't to be hasty in pronouncing judgements on others. I'm perfectly aware that I'm not a mufti and its not my job. This is one of the first lessons we are taught in Usul-al-fiqh. I'm also mindful of the holy verse, "And you shall not be questioned about the action of the others (what they used to do)"

Thanks for the reminder, though!