View Single Post
Old March 8, 2011, 01:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

I agree with your points. superbly pointed out.

of course all these now can only be applied after the world cup. the point u raise about keeping the batting order from zimbabwe series is a good suggestion. but i guess the powerplay want (wanting to do well in the powerplay overs, specially batting) made the team bring in ashraful and push mushfiq up the order. i still think they shud try out this combination one more time, before scrapping it. maybe one last chance to ashraful or maybe make a couple of changes for the england match.

shahadat leaks runs crazy in odis and test matches. he has lost his form, painfully struggling i believe. his getting his name in the Lord board was just him being lucky and england batters giving away wickets. i think rubel and shafiul is still our future, and i think we shud stick to these kids for more time, it might bring out sth.

remember in 2005, when aftab ashraful was the centerpiece of the bd team? everyone used to say that give the bd team time, and it will blossom. time has been put into this present lot, with more time and nurturing i believe this lot can take our team higher than we ever were.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then