View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I agree that the BCB is primarily at fault. However, we all know that the BCB has a long history of screwing up, especially since the days of The Lotus. As a well-established conglomerate, Orion Group should have enough business sense not to put all their eggs in one basket.

As for the Pakistanian players, at least two thirds of the 26 acquired in the auction are not among "the most exciting T20 players in the world", they are not even household names beyond maybe their cities. Who is Bilawal Bhatti? Who is Umar Amin? Who is Awaiz Zia? Who is Sharjeel Khan? Who is Raja Ali Dar? Who is Anwar Ali? Do these guys deserve places in BPL squads ahead of Bangladeshi players? I don't think so.

P.S. If Anwar Ali is a really exciting player, then the Pakistan cricket team should pick him. The BPL isn't a platform for him to launch his career. If anything, it's a platform for Bangladeshi players to launch their careers.
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.