Thread: TV Shows
View Single Post
Old November 18, 2007, 07:43 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Actually I was referring the scene where peter was in jail and tried to use his power to move the glass but Bob and ele said your powers won't work here.... then they showed the haitian appear in background. Afterward, Elle's power shouldn't be working with peter like when she gives him a "jolt of electricity" before his medication.
In the room with Bob, Elle only used electricity when Peter woke up. The Haitian probably wasn't close-by at that moment. So Peter wouldn't have absorbed the Haitian's ability, especially when the Haitian appeared later to supress him (as he tried to move the glass). Thus negating the possibility why Elle's ability wouldn't work around him later. Secondly, he was constantly on the 'Haitian pill's when Elle visited him, so his powers wouldn't be working anyway. It is safe to assume the medication was timed in such way that their effects wouldn't wear off completely before the next dosage. Even if Peter had the supress ability, I think it only works if you want it to. Peter allowed Elle to jolt him, even if he didn't like it. Also, if Elle couldn't jolt him, he would simply be put bigger dose of medicine, since he was doing it voluntarily.

Quote:
Anyway, I think you are right that Haitian's power can't be absorbable. It makes sense. If peter's real power is to ABSORB other powers and Haitian's power is to SUPPRESS other powers, and given Haitian, suppressed, then peter can not absorb because he no longer holds the power.

Actually there should have been some sort of conflict with two opposite power coming in contact with each other... with peter eventually winning:
Haitian and peter meets... absorbance and suppression take place instantly, with Haitian's suppression winning.. but since peter also absorbed slightly, his absorbed suppression power should kick in, suppressing the suppression of Haitian.. if Haitian's suprression is suppressed, peter is no longer suppressed by Haitian and gets to use his powers and WINS.. unless peter's own suppressive power supprsses his other powers... LOL

Hope that is crystal clear!
To put it simply, his power can't be absorbed if he is blocking Peter's absorb ability when he is around him. It is even possible he is always immune to it or able to control the distance his supress ability works. Only if the Haitian was in close vicinity and let his guard down Peter would automatically absorb his ability. Then we would see if there is a conflict. It would come down to whoever is quicker at using it. I think the Haitian would win because he's in better control of his abilities and Peter mostly uses his in desperation.

Last edited by Hatebreed; November 18, 2007 at 08:08 AM..