View Single Post
Old December 17, 2003, 05:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Probably some more bad news ...

I can give you some more bad news - in the context of this Patron's trophy/cup tournament.

The bad news is, although I am not sure about the opponents' strengths, but I think that our 'A' team will play against some moderate strength teams before the 29th Dec game or after the 29th Dec game, and then just when our 'A' team will meet against all the stronger teams, for example - PIA, then our 'A' team will virtually have no player from the national team, because most of them will come back to Bangladesh and attend the camp for the coming Zimbabwe tour.

So our real 2nd-string team will then have to play against the stronger teams of the tournament, having done so well early on in the tournament.

Meanwhile, we will get a wrong impression about our national players that they are improving - far better than we thought they would, and then eventually we may end up no-where in the Namibia and finally in the Zimbabwe tour.

I just hope that we get to play some medium-level stronger team before the first part of the team returns by first week of January/last week of December.