View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Why does there need to be a referendum for the recognition of Israel? I find the entire exercise to be hilarious.

Hamas are a political entity, they should be setting the agenda, and as I said, it needs to be done unconditionally. The issue of borders can be settled once we move past the core issue.
Whats wrong with referendum? Many Palestinians dont recognise Israel many does. Only way to get a common consensus is to do a referendum. No harm in it if it helps convince Hamas.

Before you say why do many Palestinians refuse to recognise Israel, many (revisionist) Israelis refuse to recognise the fact that Palestinians lived in the land since the time of Jesus.

Quote:
You correctly cite the illegal occupation, but you completely ignore how the Golan and East Jerusalem came under Israeli control. Not to mention, the Golan Heights is an issue for Syria and Israel to sort out...
Yes but its not just peace with Palestinians but rather peace with entire Arab world. When you see and hear about "Arab Peace Initiative" its sort of pan-Arab approach. You can't see it as one-vs-one issue, but regional. The countries bordering Israel are all involved in the conflict not just Palestinians.

Quote:
As far as the treatment of Hamas is concerned, what planet do you live on? Of course they were dealt with harshly and not given a fair go, this is the real world we live in, you almost sound like you believe that the US is a beacon for democracy and freedom like it claims. You must have missed the fine print, it states, we stand for those things, so long as they suit us. It is just politics.
Well there you go. No one complains when Israelis elect racist morons like last time yet everyone has issues when Palestinians do the same.

Quote:
The Arabs and Palestinians speak of peace and recognition, and you speak of Zionist Imperialism, yet if the Arabs had not gone to war in 67, this discussion wouldn't be happening today.
Arab's didn't go to war, Israel attacked first in 1967 unlike other wars. Hence all that was gained wasn't internationally recognised.
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...y_war_1967.htm

Quote:
I am not an Israeli apologist, the thousands of civilians the Israeli forces have killed(including children) is horrendous, they have in cahoots with the media managed to dehumanize the Palestinians to such an extent, most people don't even bat an eyelid at the death of Palestinians any longer.

But I cannot ignore the Arab stupidity and criminality at the same time. The State of Israel that the West created was half this size...who is to blame for the doubling of its size?

No but you slandering me by saying I sounded like Salah Choudhury, implies that I am an Israeli apologist, and only those on the opposite end of the spectrum have an opinion worthy of consideration.
My apologies about the Salah Choudhury comment. You are not Israel apologist and raise some good points. But have to realise that right now the ball is in Israel's court. There is nothing to negotiate really, all options have already been declared. Israel has now 2 choices:

1) Maintain the status-quo. Slowly get rid of Arabs from East Jeruslem, keep annexing parts of West Bank into settlements, maintain hostile relations.

This is precise what Netanyahu wants. Last thing he wants is to go down in Jewish history as the traitor who sold the land to Arabs instead of building the biblical kingdom of David via settlements. Not to mention that racist duo in his party will crucify him.

That is why he makes all these pathetic proposals like setting up a temporary Palestinian state immediately on 40% of West Bank or asking Palestinians to recognise Israel as "state of the Jewish people" when its not up to them to define what Israel is.

2) Go back to 1967 border, not just Hamas but entire Arab world will have no choice but to recognise Israel as the key demand is met.
Unfortunately this will never happen.

Last edited by Alien; May 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM..