View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
from a role model point of view as to what we want the younger generations to do as cricketers and be professional i can see your concern. i mean lately everyone has been saying that the best player BD has so far produced is lazy in training, we definitely don't want younger players to think it's fine to slack off when it comes to training and fitness and for them to think it's not required.

but i reckon, despite people saying he's lazy and even himself, i reckon he still trains really really hard and still puts in a good amount of hours. he still has to pass fitness tests and still needs to keep up and improve his skills and those things only happen if you train and since he is always improving then obviously he is putting in a good amount of work despite the latest being that he's lazy.
Exactly

But one thing is yes he might be keeping up with match fitness but there is probably a 'criteria' that the team has to reach in training and Shakibs not reaching it. Shakib is talented but i dont want him to send the wrong message to youngsters.

But since Pont and Law mentioned about it i think its an issue that Shakibs needs to fix.