View Single Post
Old March 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musfique
Yes sir absolutely! So will world hunger, anything else solved by Sid's impending departure?
Lol. it's all Siddons fault, tamim's bhuri etc etc. Siddons bashing isn't really analytical-Siddons being there at this time may be associative rather than causative, the boneheads that are some of our batsmen may be the root cause

Shakib and Mash's split has been made much bigger than it really is by our trouble makign media IMo. Shakib had wanted mashrafe in the 15, but was rejected by the selectors who chose Mr Ashraful instead. Mahsrafe needn't have played the first few matches, but i think he should have been in the squad instead of a few dead logs, kapali should have been there as well

Again I reiterate when the tree's going dodgy it's not the crown but probably the roots and trunk that is the problem-i.e BCB, our own player development at junior levels etc etc I find it hard to believe any coach would have a personal vendetta against a player(other than Chappell) and it's not like siddons hasn't chosen mashrafe before.

There's a lot of naeem and Mahmuduallah bashing in some of the other threads-I think they should be there, most of the times these guys have come in our top and early middle order had played irresponsibly putting them under pressure. There wasn't Naeem shakib or mahmuduallah could have done against SA. Not only that Mahmudullah and Naeem can grind it out when the going gets tough, they are perhaps mentally tougher than some of our other players and that's what we need to learn, to play attritional cricket, something Tamim ashraful etc cannot. Sometimes a hard fought 20 odd or a 30 odd can be crucial and as late order batsmen that's all we can expect from these two-it's the top order that needs to set the platform