View Single Post
Old September 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

I think you have some almost valid points if not for the fact that the 3rd ODI allegations are least important to the case, since it comes from the sun - quite a shitty tabloid. butt has done a major disservice to pakistan cricket by over-reacting to this set of scoop. let me explain why.
in the current environment, ICC HAS TO investigate any seemingly true incident of fixing, even if it is mentioned by a circus clown, do otherwise and the whole cricket world will call for their head.
in fact that is all they have done, they haven't accused any players, pak or otherwise, nor have they come out and said that the allegation by sun is proven.
butt's irresponsible comments would have made sense only IF ICC took it for granted that the allegations were true and charged or suspended a couple of pak players. all they have done is launch a routine investigation and mention to the press that prima facie , the info from bookies matched what happened on field. for all we know it could be a coincidence. haroon lorgat hasn't ruled out coincidence has he ?

moreover, when butt accuses eng cricketers of taking huge sums of money, (i.e those from a board that has gone out of its way to help them and incurred financial losses in the process ), he better have very good proof to back it up.