View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Lottery tickets as investment? I thought I have heard everything, but apparently not. The odds of winning powerball or mega millions jackpot can be as low as 1 in 200M. In contrast, there is a 1 in 700k chance of being struck by a meteor during the average lifetime. Odds of being struck by lightening is 1 in 10,456.

Yeah, it is a good idea to buy lottery tickets as an investment! BTW, for the religious only, every major religion forbids gambling.
Man! I know what I said. And I stand by it. You can bring all the stats or all the probability bullshit... it's not swaying me simply because i know what I am talking about and it makes sense to me.. thus it's right.

Probability of winning the jackpot maybe 1 in 200M but probabiilty of simply winning, ie getting 2 dollars for 1 dollar ticket is 1/4. That's a pretty high odd. 25% chance of of doubling your money and a whole lot of DREAMS of riches... (you know the fantasy you buy - called movie tickets)

Please don't argue with me, same goes for zeeshan.. bringing out all the cliched argument without own spare of thought...

I am gonna say again zeesha, most jackpot winners DO NOT lose their money. Stop bringing out bullshit data please.... just think.... common sense is powerful.