View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Why is okay to mock on religion, but not another?
The thing is that non-Islamic religions almost never get mocked. Even when they do on vehicles such as South Park or the Daily Show its comedy and no one religion is spared, Islam included.

Unfortunately people mistake locational context with their respective propaganda...and this applies to everyone. According to the palestinian farmer, since the driver of the bulldozer that razed his olive garden, all Jews must evil bulldozer drivers. The atheist assumes that since Pope Urban declared the crusades, religion breeds violence.

Rip a page out of the Book of Revelations and piss on it on Wall street...no one will even notice. Do it here in TN and you will probably lose a couple of teeth. Try it in Kampala and I guarantee you won't live to see another day. Brutality is not at all related to religiosity nor even to religion itself but rather directly tied to human social development. And because human social development is tied directly to GDP, socioeconomics are the determining factor.Minority Mormons in the Phillipines cannot be compared to majority Muslims in Albania. If you're going to make a comparison, all parameters must be held constant, except the one which you are testing. Should go without saying but...

No one has ever made a movie on Joseph Smith or Brigham Young. There's never been a cartoon depicting Moroni. No one's written an NY Times best seller on JW Marriot and how his hotels are creeping towards subverting western society with their Book of Mormon in the night-stand drawer. Imagine if Mohammad Fayed opened a chain of hotels with the Quran in the drawer...but you can't cuz popular sentiment wouldn't allow such a business. No one is boycotting the "heathen" Marriot...I've been there myself.

Some of you may be aware that the wholesale store Costco sells halal organic chicken at a very good price. Me and my mother went one day, couldn't find it, and asked a clerk. He knew where it was and then asked us what the big deal with halaal was. I said it was the muslim version of "kosher" and then he replied, "Yeah, we had halal adverts for the chicken but they got taken down, not sure why." I knew why. After the backlash suffered by Best Buy for their "happy eid" flyers on Thanksgiving 2009, and what happened to Lowes who wants to go out of their way to mess with American consumer intolerance?

I'm from Tennessee where our mosque in Murfreesboro had an arson attack...I mean a fire started all on its own since non-muslims would never do something like that. Its also a state - prolly not the only one - where in theory - though not in practice - Muslims are forbidden from fasting during Ramadan because thats a stipulation of sharia and by a 2011 ordinance, sharia is outlawed in the Volunteer state.

The funny thing is that the french have slapped fines and bans on the paper that took and published pics of Kate's knockers. Free speech doesn't apply their - and rightly so. Just because I want to see them, doesn't mean I have the right too.

#OneTeam1Dream