View Single Post
Old November 27, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
As per Papon, Mushfiq and gang were making it pretty hard bring in a new player. Mominul had to sit out many matches so that both Riyad and Nasir could go on playing (I guess the comprise was to stick him at #3 instead of letting bat at his natural position #4, where now Riyad bats). Similarly, they could not bring a new spinner (namely A Sunny) to replace Abdur Razzak.

পরিস্থিতি সম্পর্কে ধারণা দিতে গিয়ে নাজমুল হাসান বলেন, “আসার পর দেখেছি, এই দলে নতুন খেলোয়াড়দের আসা খুব কঠিন হয়ে যাচ্ছিল। ওখানে কোনো সুযোগ খুঁজে পাওয়া যাচ্ছিল না। এমন একটা পরিস্থিতি ছিল যে, আমি এত নাম্বারে খেলি, এখানেই খেলব এবং এখানে পরিবর্তন আনার কোনো সুযোগ নেই।”

Papon thinks the newfound team performance is due to be able to break this deadlock.

http://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/article888283.bdnews
As an outsider with little knowledge what's going on behind the screen, I was also suspecting that they were too slow to give opportunity to new players when established players were struggling. Papon's comment (politically correct or not) validates what some of us were complaining for so long.

Its already on the record that at every opportunity that he got, Rahim used to publicly humiliate (throw them uner the bus) the young players under his leadership and used to defend his older under performing players.

As for me, glad to hear that Papon also had the same concern.