View Single Post
Old November 29, 2014, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Apparently its not so easy now. The new head coach is very strict, and although he wont come to the foreground, behind the scenes there is a lot more rules and control. He has been working to shun individualism and is working on developing a collective unit-which made him very unpopular also on how he reported Shakib.

No offence, but SJ was extremely paly with the players-they were like his peers and soldiers. Once there was even an article where he was quoted saying players need to be managed like adults not children. Not sure such an approach will always work with any of our sporting teams. There needs to be discipline and process. Sth thats clearly there atm, and its yielding some fruit.
Dont count your chickens just yet. We lost 13 ODIs this year and a fair share of those were under Hatura.

Furthermore, it's not wise to think strict rules always bear fruit. Just look at Lehmann. His carefree attitude clearly worked wonders for them. For an example closer to home, refer back to Stuart Law. He wasn't a taskmaster by any means but I haven't seen our players play better cricket than when they were with him.

Winning a bunch of games against Zimbabwe at home should never be the yardstick to measure the success/failure of the coach, or the captain for that matter. I dont think Hatura had any impact on our players, to be honest. He must shoulder some blame for our listless display in WI. I just can't see how he can improve the individual players, or increase the team spirit by enforcing a bedtime.