View Single Post
Old November 29, 2014, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
You do remember how we initially did under Stuart Law right, including getting beaten in Zimbabwe? And whether our success under him at Asia Cup was because of him or confidence from BPL, or work done by JS- its still debatable.

Lehmann is a terrific motivator and man manager, but doesnt mean there are no rules in the Aussie camp. He is much more involved and under players skin compared to his predecessor and hence their improvement. And lets not forget players from Australia etc are inherently more professional and values tuned towards working hard. Siddons, Whatmore, Greenidge were all very tough characters, who may have seemed soft on the outside but were very demanding and firm. After Pybus's departure there was absolute anarchy. Yes we did manage to win quite a bit, but eventually the lack of seriousness, lack of commitment, lack of process, lack discipline caught up which resulted in a terrible 2014.

If you havent seen any improvement in this current series, then i am not sure what you ve been watching. Not just the batting, even the bowling seems better under Streak and Kalpage. Fielding could be better, but its definitely better compared to the days of Corey Richards and Jason Swift.

True winning against Zimbabwe shouldnt be a yardstick, but heres a start! Wonder what you would have said if we lost a game or two.
We lost to zim in zim under Law, true. Remember that at home, with pacer friendly pitches, they can still beat us irrespective of coaches,

As for improvement of our batting, please enlighten me. If the Zim bowlers didn't serve up long hops every over, or didn't field like school boys, we'd be in serious trouble every game. And the bowling would have looked toothless if the zim batsmen weren't so damned inpatient.

I'm not saying we're worse off now, but I'm unwilling to say we've had our problems solved. However, let's agree that its a start.