View Single Post
Old September 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Why the hell do we have 2 different teams for ODI's and Tests? I know most teams do that but I honestly believe we shouldn't. We need to put in our most talented batsmen regardless of if they are " not Test players" because right now our definition of a Test player is someone who blocks balls for 2 hours and then gets out cheaply for a low score. We need to treat the first 50 overs of a Test like an ODI and progress from there. We are starting to cross 200 runs in ODIs consistently and if we can be at a score of 200/5 by the end of the first 50 overs of a Test match, then we can try to last longer and try to bat out the end of the day without losing too many wickets.
Listen why do we need to hit from both end? if our talented players r so talented let them make 100 from one side and let the so called not so talented batsmen hold one end up instead of getting all out within 20 overs. you guys r in dream land if you think people like aftab, tamim can and should play test. yes i know we have no other options but putting them in this age will break them for ever and we will stuck where we are now for next 20 years. instead let them grow up And by that time play with the next best thing we have.

Look what happen to nazimuddin. so if same thing happens with the other new opener what will be our options in 5 years? again call golla to open?

SO i say even if its not pretty keep the test team as it is and let those players grow. don't give me those bull that they will learn by playing test. then look at sakib. now he can't even bat for 10 overs...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled