View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Even if u lose the match, still u can't go with 1 pacer in a wicket favoring the pacers. That will damage the team's mind set and destroy any possibility of pace developing in the country... We don't really need to get that defensive.. More over have to also cater for infield injuries...we can't risk going out of pace option completely.. So two pacer is given, unless it's a completely turning pitch...
I am not being defensive, I am being very offensive here. Our pacers cause more problems than good, they lost us I mean SRK by himself lost us quite a few very critical games. If it was not for pacers we would be ASIA cup champs, draw or even win TEST series in SL. The only few Tests that we actually won are becaue of spinners like by Shakib and Enam. Pacers did not win us anytjhing in TEST.

As a matter of fact we should play without any pacers. And play with 4 spinners like with Gazi, Enam, Rubel and Saqlain. Then surround the batsmen with 9 close fielder, I want to see opposition like NZ, ENG, WI can surpass even 200. I highly doubt they will. Thats the only way we can get 20 wickets against elite teams. Our pacers always give away the advantage spinners bring for us. Ours are not Test worty pacers. Pacers like SRK dont belong at this level. Worse yet, they cant even bat. Thats why in domestics these pacers dont get any team. And often they dont evem make it to XI even in club teams.