View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 04:11 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Its interesting to not see Saber Hossain Chowdhury, who I think was the real architect of BCB and the professionalism that started off.. Yes, not seeing Gordon there is also noticable. You don't just call up someone on the phone to invite for such event; BCB couldve easily contacted WICB or send an official envoy from the embassy to invite. Nevertheless, Gordon was ditched by the board immediately after his comments about Bangladesh being promoted too early for Test Cricket.

Honoring the naional heroes definitely couldve come earlier. These days 5 lakhs is 3 nights stay at Coxs bazar with freinds but its still a gesture!! I am hoping that we honor them with giving them coaching, mentoring like responsiblities as well..
I'm pretty sure 'called' here is in a general sense rather than a literal one. Maybe Greenidge didn't want to come?

5 lakh per person is not a bad sum of money at all. that's 75 lakh taka for the 15 man squad, not including the large function itself. Any more than that and people would be complaining that this money could have been put to better causes - like more academies, coaches, grounds, competitions, etc.