View Single Post
Old August 24, 2014, 02:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The Hom that I've seen play is more of an ODI player. He likes to settle-in by rotating the strike right away, and then punctuates his busy play with fairly high percentage shots. He has stated on many occasions that ODIs more than any other format, is what he feels to be his game.

He becomes antsy when unable to rotate the strike, and begins to hurry his shots trying to break free. Most of those are low percentage shots that get him out. Test batting favors the bowlers because there are no fielding restrictions. A bowler can bowl at a field set for him all day. Batting is a lot harder when that happens, and it's a lot easier to bog a batsman down. So I'm not sure how well he'll do in tests.

Having said that, he's both athletic and smart, and it's possible that he can elevate his game to overcome the weakness I'm talking about. I know that being unfairly dropped from the ODI squad shattered his confidence and caused a major loss of form for a while. Then he managed to pick himself back up, work very hard, and regained a lot of the form which got him into the National Team in the first place. He has been given another chance, albeit not in his favorite format, and he better be hungry to make this one count.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)