View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

When it comes to religion, and comparing with other fellow members' knowledge, i can say i am a novice. So, pardon me if i say anything wrong.

As far as shia muslim and sunni is concern, both of them abide by Quran, no doubt. There are few more things that Shia muslims do which violates the principle of Quran. For example,

Shia Muslims believe that the Imam (11 Imams) is sinless by nature, and that his authority is infallible as it comes directly from God. Therefore, Shia Muslims often venerate the Imams as saints and perform pilgrimages to their tombs and shrines in the hopes of divine intercession which is clearly 'Shirk'. They see 'Imam' as a medium to reach to Allah. But Allah clearly said to pray to him, Not to anyone else. And thinking 'Imam' as sinless, infallible is nothing but comparing them with 'Allah' as only and only Allah can have such attributes.

In addition, Shia Muslims do not recognize 4 khalifas of Islam. Rather they see Abu Bakr (Radi Allahu Anhu) the first Khalifa, as their enemy who was elected by the people of that time over Ali (PBUH) son in law of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). Shia muslims believe that Abu Bakr killed Ali (i heard, not sure though, sorry if i am wrong). For this reason, Shia muslims even curse him (Abu Bakr) in their prayer.

Having said that, i want to share the following video of Dr. Zakir Naik ( though i don't like his speeches that much, but in this speech, he explains it quite well)