View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 07:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I do want want any change in the aquad against Ireland, though I will take Shuvo instead of Naeem but thats it. Let us win against the Irish first than we can have another change if needed.

Great analysis Asaad bhai.
I don't want any changes either for the Ireland game. As Sohel bhai has said before, "cricket is a process". Process should matter more than short term gain. Every series is a new beginning for EVERYONE. Hence both of Riyad/Naeem should get one final go, although I should emphasize again, they've failed in aprox 20 consecutive innings now. I never agreed with Ashraful being dumped after singular trials against ZIM and PAK, it would be inconsistent to deal with anyone else in that manner.

That being said, what do we do when the WC is finished and if Ash fails in the lower middle order? Who do we bring in then?

My choice would be Jahirul. He is more or less equal with Sabbir, Alok, Aftab, and Hom in domestic record...but he has the sole advantage of having a 30+ average in ODIs. And he can deliver some big blows. If he fails, we keep on going down the list until we find someone. But at this point my guess would be that Javed Omar could do as good job as Riyad and Naeem have so far.

As far as Shahriar Nafees goes, he's a top order batsman, although he can probably open only against the minnows. As such it would be a waste of his skill to give him the slogger/finisher role. Thus he takes over for whoever out of Junaid and Rock can't last the distance. Right now, my money is on Rock being replaced, but anything can happen. Its also good in a way that SN is being kept out of a place, despite the fact that he deserves it for quite some time now. Because this will show that as apologetic he might be, turning his back on the national side (a perfectly legit professional move, btw) has consequences. He will not take his place for granted ever again.

#OneTeam1Dream