View Single Post
Old September 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Anything but a win against a club team or associate team is/ should be a shake up. Be it a practice match or an official one IMHO..
Exactly. How much longer will we remain in denial? Practice match, don't play enough T20s, European conditions were difficult, just prepping for the WC, missed my mom's cooking - no end to excuses. I think it's been proven - we aren't much better than the associates. Maybe just a tad, but we haven't done anything to establish superiority by a clear margin and we won't if we keep coming up with excuses and don't start to realize that we should be winning against lower ranked sides nine times out of ten regardless of the setting of the game (practice/unofficial/official/prepping for the WC/missing momma's cooking). How do we sleep at night with so many excuses? How do we justify our failures to ourselves, let alone anyone else?

We're too happy rewarding mediocrity and unfortunately, this bunch of cricketers is not a whole lot better in terms of attitude than the uncles of the 80's and 90's.