View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 03:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ I never discredited his contribution. Under him, Rubel improved most and Shafiul to a certain extent. I just disagreed with the fact that it was a great and amazing era in our history.

Ian started by W/L ratio and so I broke down that stats further. He came up with 27/29 and I believe that include Tests. We all know how horrible we always have been at Tests. Even as fans, our expectation is to drag any test longer and avoid innings defeat. So skewed statistics are applied to strengthen his argument.

Our team had an upward trend before they joined. Shakib was starting his amazing form and Tamim was red hot after coming from ENG. No one can question that it was Shakib and the barrage of SLAs that contributed to most of our wins. They bolstered it further and some credit should go to Siddons as well. If it was such an amazing era, we don't question Siddon's sacking but yearn for Ian and Julian who were in the same management.

I don't think even after looking at CI commentary we can get the whole picture. But you are welcome to do that. The major reason for Ian and Julian's hiring was for the big event -- WC at home. But it was total disappointment. Once again, it doesn't take away the fact that both of them are good coaches.

BCB have no interest in them. So its better for us as fans to move forward. We can't just remain in the past.