View Single Post
Old April 8, 2005, 04:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by say
Chinaman Bhai, I am quite sure this is false. This is nothing but propaganda.

notice how it doesn't give any reference to exact verses of vedas. it doesn't even mention from exactly which veda it is talking about. ( there are four vedas) This is done by people who have poor knowledge of vedas.

I searched for the name "Pundit Vedaprakash Upadhyay" - and guess what? it is only found in islamic websites.
This guy/girl never loses a chance to say against islam or muslims. one two months back, I created a thread where thanks to arnab who posted all the history of bengal, this guy/girl comes up and say muslims are taking credit of hindus in bengali history that hindus did. He/she says that the history that is being said about muslims in bengal, was created or fabricated in pakistan era. I'm not saying exact word by word, but doesn't it means the same. Here's what he/she says

Quote:
Originally posted by say
thanks Arnab for posting this. Its a great read.

However, reading through the early and the middle ages - I find this Banglapedia version of history is very Muslim-Centric. It downplays the Hindu elements of our history and glorifies/justifies the Muslim involvements. (This is a sort of Pakistani version of Bengali History) This sort of History was developed during the 50s and 60s which was politically motivated at that time. Unfortunately we are still continuing that legacy in Bangladesh (Banglapedia was developed through govt. money)

I have been reading a great series on our history being written by Prof Ghulam Murshid and being published in Prothom-Alo. I found this version to be much more balanced and objective. As soon as the Prothom-Alo server comes back I'll post those links. That series started back in March/April of last year and it is published once every two weeks.
huh! Iqnorant! By the by, his/her first post says this on the thread. Here's the thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...id=9976&page=1

sorry for the offtopic discusstion, but couldn't help but revolt against such iqnorance.

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 10:23 AM GMT, by TigerFan.