View Single Post
Old November 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Thanks Zunaid bhai for the thread. It gives us a very good outlook on our players. This graph really shows why Tamim and Shakib are our star players. What's impressive about Mushy is that he seems to always be improving. 1 thing that hurt him no doubt was the fact that he was batting too low in ODIs for a long period of time. Expect him to be in the star performer category soon though. I think the same can be said about Mahmudullah even though I believe he's been more frustrating then Mushy. Once Nasir hits the 1000 run mark, expect to see him with Shakib and Tamim as well.

SN seems to be a guy that's falling off after a very impressive start to this career. Don't see much hope for him I'm afraid although I would love to be proven wrong. Same can be said about Rokibul as well. A great start to his career but has had trouble improving his game. He can stay at the wicket for long periods but the big knock has always been that he's not efficient enough in scoring runs in ODIs which is not acceptable for a #4 batsman. Junaid's problem was always his inconsistency. He always threw away his starts which is also unacceptable for a #3. Imrul is usully good at staying at the wicket but he too doesn't score his runs sufficiently enough although this year it seems he's having trouble even doing that.

I think that it's quite clear once again that we're having trouble finding high class top order batsmen besides Tamim. Once we get at least 1 more class top order batsman, I believe that's when we can become a really good side.